The Philippine National Police Information Technology Services (PNP-ITMS) was established to provide the highest quality service responsive to and meeting the information needs and computerization requirements of both operational units and the various administrative units in the PNP.
The Information Technology Management Service manages, coordinates and controls the IT environmental scanning for operational and administrative applicability in the PNP, the development and provision of the PNP data resource (computerized and non-computerized), computer and network facilities, information systems and services, and the design and/or improvement of PNP processes with the end-view that such services effectively respond to the requirements of the PNP, and in harmony with the overall plan for the PNP.
The Philippine National Police Information Technology Management Service formerly PNP Computer Center shall be the primary PNP national administrative support unit Headed by a Director with the rank of Chief Superintendent, the Computer Center shall be responsible for the design, implementation and maintenance of a database system for the PNP. (Chapter 3(A),Section 35 (a)(4) per R.A. 6975 dated December 13, 1990, as amended by R.A. 8551 dated February 25, 1998)
The ITMS shall develop and support reliable, robust and secure information systems, databases and computer networks.
A highly capable and innovative Service that delivers first-class IT solutions for the PNP 2020.
The PNP ITMS manages all IT projects to ensure the projects are delivered on time, within budget and meet administrative and operational users’ requirements. It also provides IT support to PNP frontline operations at major events such as the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) Summit.
- Designs, develops, maintains and implements Information Systems for the different PNP Units/Offices;
- Builds up and manages databases of Information Systems;
- Supports the implementation or enhancement of Information Systems developed by other units;
- Maintains and expands coverage of the Data Communication Network;
- Develops and implements Information Technology (IT) training programs for PNP personnel;
- Conducts Information Technology (IT) related research and studies; and
- Performs such other functions as the C, PNP may direct.
Information Technology Management Service
PNP ITMS Building
Camp General Rafael Crame
1100 Quezon City, Metro Manila, Philippines
Tel. Nos.: (632) 723-0401 loc 4225 (trunk line)
(632) 721-8585 (direct line)
Fax No.: (632) 723-5108